Buying a new electrical or electronic item from us? We’ll recycle the one you’re replacing for free. Simply bring
the old electrical item in within 28 days, show us the receipt for its replacement and we’ll do the rest.
You can also find local recycling points for your old electricals here.
- Recycling and reusing unwanted electrical or electronics can help save the planet, boost the economy and
improve lives. Not only that, electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) contains materials, parts and substances which can be dangerous to the environment and harmful to human health if not disposed of correctly.
- Electrical and electronic equipment is now the fastest growing waste stream in the UK and across the world.
- Discover the impact of reusing and recycling your electricals here Recycle Your Electricals campaign.
What can I recycle?
- Anything with a plug, battery or cable can be recycled or reused! The materials from recycled electricals can be
used in everything from children’s playgrounds to lifesaving equipment, while donated tech can help bridge the digital divide.
- You’ll find this symbol on all your electrical items. It is a reminder to recycle your old electricals, rather than
Reducing waste electricals
- As part of our commitment to reducing the amount of unwanted electrical waste being incinerated or sent to
landfill sites, we’ll recycle your old electricals free of charge when you buy new ones. Together we can stop
precious resources from being lost forever, save lives and help protect the planet.
- Every year, we collect, reuse and recycle thousands of tonnes of old electrical and electronic equipment..
- We take all your old electricals to a recycling plant for processing and separate into individual materials, so they
can be turned into new, more useful things. Watch this film about how your old electricals are recycled.
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) is regulated by the UK Government. Find out more here.
- We’re proud to be working with the national Recycle Your Electricals campaign.
Let us recycle your old electricals!
Have you bought a new electrical or electronic product from us? We will recycle the old one you’re replacing for free.
All you need to do is bring your old item in store (with the receipt for your new one) within 28 days of purchase. We’ll make sure your old item is recycled responsibly.
It’s all part of our commitment to protecting the environment. By recycling your electricals you are helping reduce the amount of electrical waste being sent to landfill and saving precious materials from being lost forever.
Got more electricals stored at home that you want to recycle too? Everything with a plug, battery or cable can be
recycled and turned back into something useful. Find your local reuse or recycling point on the Recycle Your Electricals website.