Heliopan RG780 (87) Infrared Filter, 37-95mm
From £54.24 Incl. VATFrom £45.20 Excl. VAT
Heliopan RG780 (87) Infrared Filter The RG780 is equivalent to a Wratten 87 filter and is visibly opaque It passes through light in the 780nm range Heliopan filters made from Sc…
Heliopan RG780 (87) IR Infrared Filter. The RG780 is equivalent to a Wratten 87 filter and is visibly opaque. It passes through light in the 780nm range. Heliopan filters made from Schott glass, pass only the exact areas of the IR Spectrum.
Heliopan Infra-Red Filters are also available in the following wavelengths
Both CMOS as well as CCD chips are sensitive to IR light, (because the active pixel surfaces have a streamed on dichroic coating on a substrate that is sensitive to IR light.) your digital camera can therefore be used for IR photography.
When using IR filters it is important that your camera measures the light with TTL metering. This applies to almost all DSLRs too.
Compact digital cameras often have a separate sensor in the front. Test: Switch the time to AV on Automatic and hold the IR Filter in front of the lens. Then see if the exposure time increases. You can measure through the filter. Avoid stray light cover the viewfinder eyepiece.
TIPS FOR USING HELIOPAN IR FILTERS:
- Subjects with a lot of sun light have the greatest IR radiation
Always use a Tripod because of the long exposure times
- Compose your image before mounting the filter
- Because of the focus shift set the distance manually to the IR index on the lens or use the AF setting with the filter in place and do not use open aperture. AF sensors can sometimes partially focus to IR. Alternatively make a test with a series of adjustments manually going from the normal sharp setting in small steps into the close-up area
- Quite often the exposure needs a lot of increase. Use the +/- correction or the manual mode for additional over exposure
Established in 1949, Heliopan was founded by Mr.Martin Summer. Made in Germany, all Heliopan screw-in filters come in high quality anodised slim brass mounts which virtually eliminate binding.
Heliopan also manufacture a broad range of aluminium lens hoods in both Short and Long versions as well as a range of rubber lens hoods. An uncompromising attention to detail and quality has resulted in outstanding filters for Film, Movie and Video users.
Available in 37mm to 95mm and Bayonet sizes
- Other sizes and IR grades available to order
- Made in Germany
- Brilliant Colour Reproduction and High Sharpness
- The highest quality optical glass from the German Schott Group
- The longest life expectancy thanks to brass filter rims
- Minimal reflections because of matte black filter rings
- At least one high quality hard coating on each filter side
Select the required Filter Size from the drop-down menu
Please Note: Occasionally, some filter sizes may not be in stock, we recommend you to contact us to confirm availability before ordering.