Heliopan Variable ND Filter
From £150.48 Incl. VATFrom £125.40 Excl. VAT
The Heliopan Variable ND Filter is an extremely solid variable neutral density filter with density between 03 and 18 Also known as the Heliopan Vario ND filter, it provides about 1…
The Heliopan Variable ND Filter is an extremely solid variable neutral density filter with density between 0.3 and 1.8. Also known as the Heliopan Vario ND filter, it provides about 1 to 6 stops of reduction by turning the calibrated rim on the filter.
About the Heliopan Variable ND Filter
The 0.3 to 1.8 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required.
The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, allowing you to previsualise the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image.
The Heliopan Vario ND filter is completely neutral in colour and it is mounted in a black anodised brass ring that is calibrated for ease in repeating a desired density.
The Heliopan Variable ND Filter features a brass mounting ring that is painted matte black to help reduce reflections. High quality Schott glass provides optical clarity and greater contrast to help render scenes with greater fidelity and resolution.
Unlike the Heliopan Variable ND Filter (Slim Fit), the Heliopan Variable ND Filter DOES have front threads for attaching other filters.
The new Vario ND filter is available in screw-in sizes from 46 to 82mm.
Heliopan Variable ND Filter Features:
- Made from exceptional Schott Glass
- High quality solid brass rings
- Black anodised rings with stops at both ends of the ND range
- Neutral density variable from 1 to 6 stops (0.3-1.8) darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required
- Allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Colour neutral regardless of ND value
- Calibrated, repeatable settings