Heliopan RG715 (88A) Infrared Filter .
From £47.94 Incl. VATFrom £39.95 Excl. VAT
Heliopan RG715 (88A) Infrared Filter The RG715 is equivalent to a Wratten 88A filter and is visibly opaque It passes through light in the 715nm range Heliopan filters made from …
Heliopan RG715 (88A) Infrared Filter. The RG715 is equivalent to a Wratten 88A filter and is visibly opaque. It passes through light in the 715nm range. Heliopan filters made from Schott glass, pass only the exact areas of the IR Spectrum: RG695 (89B), RG715 (88A), RG780 (87). For landscape pictures we recommend the RG715.
Both CMOS as well as CCD chips are sensitive to IR light, (because the active pixel surfaces have a streamed on dichroic coating on a substrate that is sensitive to IR light.) your digital camera can therefore be used for IR photography. When using IR filters it is important that your camera measures the light with TTL metering. This applies to almost all DSLRs too. Compact digital cameras often have a separate sensor in the front. Test: Switch the time to AV on Automatic and hold the IR Filter in front of the lens. Then see if the exposure time increases. You can measure through the filter. Avoid stray light cover the viewfinder eyepiece.
TIPS FOR USING HELIOPAN IR FILTERS:
- Subjects with a lot of sun light have the greatest IR radiation
Always use a Tripod because of the long exposure times
- Compose your image before mounting the filter
- Because of the focus shift set the distance manually to the IR index on the lens or use the AF setting with the filter in place and do not use open aperture. AF sensors can sometimes partially focus to IR. Alternatively make a test with a series of adjustments manually going from the normal sharp setting in small steps into the close-up area
- Quite often the exposure needs a lot of increase. Use the +/- correction or the manual mode for additional over exposure
Available in 37mm to 105mm and Bayonet sizes
- Other sizes and IR grades available to order
- Made in Germany
- Brilliant Colour Reproduction and High Sharpness
- The highest quality optical glass from the German Schott Group
- The longest life expectancy thanks to brass filter rims
- Minimal reflections because of matte black filter rings
- At least one high quality hard coating on each filter side
Select the required Filter Size from the drop-down menu
Please Note: Occasionally, some filter sizes may not be in stock, we recommend you to contact us to confirm availability before ordering.