Dolly Grip, James Saldutti, also referred to as ‘Dutti’ in the Hollywood community began developing this dolly nearly 15 years ago. Since then, the dolly has become a necessary tool while being used o…
Dolly Grip, James Saldutti, also referred to as ‘Dutti’ in the Hollywood community began developing this dolly nearly 15 years ago. Since then, the dolly has become a necessary tool while being used on hundreds of feature films, television shows, and commercials to achieve hundreds of different shots, stunts, gags, and on occasion, some lite skateboarding in between takes.
What is the Dutti Dolly?
The Dutti Dolly is a rectangular CNC’d aluminum plate with a built in Mitchell mount, measuring just 20” x 24”, which rolls extremely low to the ground at just under 2” in height. The dolly is simple, as it rides on 8 inline skate wheels, which mount in pairs to the ½” thick aluminum plate.
– Extreme low angles w/ adaptability for any desired height. The dolly rides at just under 2” in height, on or off track.
– The width, weight, and wheel design of the dolly give the operator the capability of hard whip pans and quick tilts, unlike some of the skate dollies out on the market.
– Will roll directly on the ground floor or any smooth surface, or can be used with track, on or off stands, both over and underslung.
– Inexpensive expendable track can be purchased at any industrial metal supply or home improvement store or you can purchase our Matthews right angle Dutti track which comes in 4, 8 and 12 foot lengths. The track stacks and nests nicely for storage.
– The right angle track can be rested on apple boxes to achieve desired camera height.
– The dolly fits in tight spaces where conventional dollies cannot fit…for example, airplane and bus isles, church pews, and many more…
– Great for the long take… Dolly step offs using handheld, steady-cam or gimbal systems.
– Because of its size, speed and mounting capabilities, the dolly is great for stunts or poor man’s process shots. Just ask Jackie Chan!
– Mount tripods, bazookas, tilt plates and a variety of adapters directly to the dolly.
– Rigging capabilities are endless due to the numerous tapped holes on the dolly board. Mount multiple dollies together tandem or side by side…or rig lights and props to it easily”
Dolly Dimensions: 20” x 24” x 3.5” Platform Height: 1.75” Dolly Mount: Mitchell System, with 75/100 and 150mm bowl adapters available.
– CNC machined out of billet 6061 T-6 aluminum
– Flat, non-reflective w/ type 2 hard anodize
– Little to no maintenance”
The Mombo Combo Stand achieves an incredible height of 22.3 feet. Because of this height, it features an extra-wide base and incorporates a collar for attaching stabilizing Guy Wires or ropes (Matthew…