Sekonic Speedmaster L-858D
£500.00 Excl. VAT
The SpeedMasterL-858D meets the needs of today’s photographers and motion image makers.
Out of stock
Sekonic Speedmaster L-858D
The Sekonic Speedmaster L-858D features cutting-edge flash measurement technology, including flash duration measurement and increased sensitivity for extreme low light level measurements. This lightweight light meter has a bright 2.7” colour dot-matrix touch screen. There are also optional wireless triggering modules are available for Elinchrom, Phottix, and PocketWizard.
Key Features: Sekonic Speedmaster L-858D
- Seven meters in one
- Increased sensitivity for both incident and reflected-spot sensors in ambient light
- Capable of extreme low light level measurements
- Optional wireless triggering modules now available for Elinchrom, Phottix, and PocketWizard
- 2.7” colour touch screen
- Enhanced Digital Video/Cine features
- Measures the flash duration or “burn time” of a flash exposure
- Highly responsive measuring system monitors the level of HSS output
- 2.7” Colour dot-matrix touch screen
- Extended ISO Range ISO 3 to ISO 13,107,200 + ISO 850
- Expanded Shutter Speed Range 30 min. to 1/16,000s for flash light
- Expanded Shutter Speed Range 30 min. to 1/64,000s for ambient light
- Full HD Cine and CINE mode: 1 to 1000f/s and 1 to 358 degree shutter angle
- Lightweight: 300g
- Optional Radio Transmitter
Sekonic now offers optional radio trigging modules for L-858D to control Elinchrom EL-Skyport system and the Phottix Strato/II protocol products. Triggering features range from basic flash triggering to multi-zone and channel triggering, power control, modelling light, camera triggering and much more. Exposure Profiling
Sekonic’s pioneering Data Transfer Software allows quick dynamic range mapping and camera/meter calibration for the most precise control of light. Create and store up to ten camera exposure profiles with Sekonic, X-Rite or Datacolor brand calibration targets.
- Flash Duration Measurements
Measuring the flash duration or “burn time” of a flash exposure has always been a critical part of any fast moving subject such as sports, fashion, wildlife, and special effect flash photographs. Unfortunately, flash duration meters have always expensive, complicated and additional piece of gear to carry, until now. The SpeedMaster L-858D’s extremely responsive system offers selectable flash duration measurements from t=0.1 to 0.9. Setting flashes to yield the fastest, or the slowest, is now quick, precise and easy. HSS Measurements
Measuring the stroboscopic bursts of HSS flash to determine accurate flash exposure has always been considered impossible with the traditional meters. The L-858D’s highly responsive measuring system, monitoring the level of HSS output, is a game changer for HSS shooters, especially when shooting with multiple HSS flash units.