Phase One have released an update to the firmware of the Phase One 645DF+ Camera body. Firmware version 2.24 is available for download now through the Firmware Updater.
The firmware version in the 645DF+ camera body can be checked on the LCD screen of the camera by selecting custom function 99.
Firmware version 2.24 is is highly recommended for all 645DF+ cameras, updating to version 2.24 requires Firmware Updater 3.2 or later available from the Phase One website.
645DF+ Firmware Version 2.24 fixes:
- This firmware corrects some lock up issues (read further below).
- Double exposure could sometimes occur when cold, or when battery power was low.
- Sometimes users have experienced a reset of settings if exposure was made before AF confirmation – this is now fixed.
- Magenta images sometimes occurred when shooting with P 45+, P 30+, P 25+, P 21+ and P 20+ series.
- Wrong or missing lens metadata in files when using the Schneider Kreuznach 2x Teleconverter
- Resetting the camera to default would set the battery type to Alkaline – this is now changed to Li-Ion.
645DF+ Firmware Version 2.24 known issues:
- Setting up Auto Focus to activate on AEL button press will prevent MUP capture
- In some scenarios Aperture/time can change randomly when shooting tethered
- Some bracketing issues remain when set to C mode and using 5 or 7 images
- Some Misc. EXIF data issues, mostly related to missing lens information on some lens configurations
A small tip: It is important to always try to work with fully charged 645DF+ batteries in order to lower the failure rate of “Err DB”, “Cap DB” and “No DB” from the camera.
If you are having any issues with the upgrade please don’t hesitate to contact Teamwork Digital on 020 7323 6455 and we will be happy to talk you through it!